Air Canada is the flag carrier airline of Canada. If you have booked your flight with Air Canada or you are planning to fly with it and you want to know their baggage policy then this blog will provide you all the information.
What is the baggage allowance for Air Canada?
- The checked baggage allowance of Air Canada depends on the route and the fare purchased by passengers.
- Air Canada allows passengers to carry a checked bag whose total weight should not exceed 23 kg and its dimensions should be 158 cm.
- The airline allows passengers to carry one cabin bag of 23 x 40 x 55 cm dimension.
- Passengers can also carry one personal item of maximum dimensions 16 x 33 x 43 cm.
- Passengers should be able to lift their cabin bag.
- Passengers can carry additional items like diaper bag, pushchair of 25.5 cm x 92 cm and small purse of 25 x 30 x 14 cm.
- If passengers have an infant less than two years then they can carry an additional personal item on board.
- The airline accepts musical instruments and sports equipment as an item of checked baggage.
- However handling charges may apply to few items like the handling charge for bicycles is $50-59, one way.
How much does Air Canada charge for baggage?
- The baggage fee for flights within Canada, or between Canada and US, for Economy class is $31.50 for first bag and $52.50 for second.
- For each additional bag passenger will have to pay $105.00.
- If passengers are carrying an overweight (23 kg to 32 kg) or oversized bag (158 – 292 cm) then they will have to pay $105.
- The baggage fee for International flights for Economy class is free for first bag and $100 for second bag.
- For each additional bag passenger will have to pay $225.
- If passengers are carrying an overweight or oversized bag then they will have to pay $100.
For instant help contact customer support
If passengers have any query or want to know anything else about the baggage policy then they can contact the Air Canada Customer Service center of the airline.